Monday, July 30, 2007

U of M v. Notre Dame 2031

Which is of course fun for all sports fans, but I couldn't help but smile when reading the blurb on SI.com. I particularly enjoyed the following statement of who taught who the game of football...

"The rivalry dates back to 1877, when some Michigan students taught the game to Notre Dame students."

See you all in Ann Arbor '31 for no doubt another lesson on the gridiron for the Irish...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/07/30/bc.fbc.michigan.notreda.ap/index.html

1 comment:

Ranvir said...

Well I certainly know who taught whom how to play on a sunny Indian summer afternoon way back in September 2002 in a backwards little town called South Bend, Indiana. You and I entered the stadium with all the confidence accorded to young men of our stature and proceeded to witness our boys control the entire game until utterly falling apart in the waning moments. I hate Notre Dame.